Website TermsWelcome to the Graphic News Website. This has been created as a platform to host not only content from Graphic News but also from other infographics suppliers ("Suppliers"), to collect revenue on their behalf and to deliver and license content for use as authorised by them.
All the Suppliers permit web pages containing their content to be viewed for personal education, interest, information and enjoyment, but if you want to do this without restrictions, please become a Member. Your support is greatly appreciated and very important to us. Please read the terms below carefully. If you continue to view pages on the Platform you are agreeing to these Terms and to the associated PRIVACY STATEMENT whether or not you have read them. Downloading and use of Content obtained from the Platform is subject to the USER TERMS of the Content Supplier. Please leave the Website if you do not agree to these terms.
The Terms may be amended at any time by posting the amended terms on the website. These Terms were last amended January 2022.
- DEFINITIONS:• The term Graphic News refers to the supplier of the Graphic News Service. This service was originally produced by Graphic News Ltd (GN) but ex-GN employees set up a partnership, Graphic News Collective LLP (GNC), to produce the Service from January 2022 under a license from GN. GNC also manages the platform on behalf of GN.
• The term Content includes the graphics, pictures and words visible on the Website pages, what can be obtained from those pages by downloading, copying and pasting, or sent by e-mail, rss or FTP, but excludes any proprietary trade marks belonging to Suppliers. Content is protected by international copyright, trademark and database laws and is the responsibility of the Suppliers.
• The term Graphic includes not only the overall design but also the visual elements, words and coding used in their construction and with which they are associated, and all rearrangements, modifications, or translations made of these regardless of the form or media in or on which they are supplied, or storied or copied to.
• On a digital Platform users can access the Content from one or more Suppliers, each of which is responsible for the Content they offer and any license they give; they control the access of users to their content, and the terms and conditions of sale.
- PERMISSIONS: • All Suppliers give visitors permission to view Content for their own non-commercial personal education, interest and information. This permission does not allow graphics to be used as visual reference to create alternative visualisations.
• Additional permissions may be obtained and are subject to the USER TERMS and payment of an Agreed Fee as defined in the USER TERMS.
• Without payment of an Agreed Fee, visitors may not copy Content, or modify, download, sell or resell, duplicate, reproduce, transmit, distribute or re-distribute, display it in public or in business premises or otherwise communicate it to the public or exploit it in any way except using the Social Media links associated with the Content on the Website. Access to the website may be blocked at the absolute discretion of the website administrator
- LIABILITY: Neither the Website or its representatives, or the Suppliers of the Content, shall be liable for any loss or damage due to any errors or inaccuracies in the Content or actions taken in reliance on these; due to delays, unavailability, or limitations of connectivity due to the internet or matters of a similar nature; due to technical factors including viruses; due to any factor beyond their reasonable control.
- AMENDMENTS: Reasonable amendments to these Terms may be made at any time by posting the amended terms on the Website. If any of the terms of this agreement are held to be illegal or unenforceable the validity and enforceability of the remainder shall continue in full force and effect. The provision in question shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable term which corresponds as far as possible with the original.
- DISCLAIMER: THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. GRAPHIC NEWS LTD AND GRAPHIC NEWS COLLECTIVE LLP AND ALL SUPPLIERS OF CONTENT DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BY WAY OF EXAMPLE BUT NOT LIMITATION, AS TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS. IN ADDITION, THEY DO NOT REPRESENT NOR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION AND/OR FACILITIES ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEBSITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT, OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS. THE USER OF THIS WEBSITE ASSUMES ALL COSTS ARISING AS A RESULT OF THEIR USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
If you have any questions about these terms or have any problem relating to the Content on the Website, please contact the Website Manager via the Contact Us link