القنابل الانزلاقية المجنحة الروسية
August 30, 2023 - الاستخدام الروسي المكثف للقنابل الانزلاقية منخفضة التقنية في الصراع الدائر في أوكرانيا أصبح مصدر قلق كبير للقوات الأوكرانية.
Early this year, Russia introduced guided bombs — essentially, the regular gravity bombs modified to be dropped by multirole fighter-bombers from safe distances and deal precise and very damaging strikes in front-line areas and beyond.
Along with the specifically designed sophisticated smart munitions, Russia has been using the modified version of simple 500kg air bombs that it has in vast numbers.
It poses an especially serious threat to Ukraine. By turning simple bombs into guided ones, Russia is unfolding a tactical weapon that is much cheaper, more massive, and more effective than cruise and ballistic missiles, the stockpile of which is largely depleted now, according to the Kyiv Independent.
- What are Ukrainian troops most afraid of? Russia’s cheap, powerful glide-bombs (Forbes)
- The truth about Russia’s mysterious winged glide bombs (The Drive)
- Russia’s new guided bombs pose increasingly serious threat to Ukraine (Kyiv Independent)
- Russian tactics in the second year of Its invasion of Ukraine (RUSI)
- FAB M62 (WeaponSystems.net)