الغزو الروسي لأوكرانيا - اليوم 485
June 23, 2023 -
The U.S. Pentagon believes cluster munitions – banned by over
120 countries and for which no agreement has been approved to supply them – are needed by Ukraine against dug-in Russian positions.
Ukraine claims to have downed 13 Russian cruise missiles fired from Tupolev bombers over the Caspian Sea targeting the Viysk airbase in the west of the country. Cruise and ballistic missiles and strike drones were fired at targets across Ukraine, causing damage in the cities of Odesa and Kryvyi Rih.
The Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol has doubled the number of floating mammal pens likely used for specially trained bottlenosed dolphins to counter enemy divers.
- Institute for the Study of War
- Cluster munitions would be useful for Ukraine, Pentagon says (Reuters)
- Minister: Kakhovka disaster causes over $1.5 billion in damage so far (Kyiv Independent)
- IAEA: No mines observed near Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant’s cooling pond (Kyiv Independent)
- Russia accuses Ukraine of using UK-supplied missiles to strike bridge to Crimea (The Guardian)