الغزو الروسي لأوكرانيا - اليوم 467
June 5, 2023 -
Russia says it has repelled a major attack in South Donetsk region by six mechanised and two tank battalions with the loss of 250 Ukrainian troops and 16 tanks.
Ukrainian authorities have not responded to the claims, earlier saying that the long-awaited counter-offensive woud not be announced, and said only that there had been 29 clashes in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions. Russian military bloggers have said fierce fighting is occurring in Bakhmut as well as in Soledar and Vuhledar.
In Russia, pro-Ukraine anti-Putin partisans are fighting in the Belgorod region, and say that several Russian soldiers captured in last week’s cross-border raid will be handed over to Kyiv after the governor of Belgorod failed to meet them to negotiate the prisoners’ freedom.
A Ukrainian government audit has discovered that half of bomb shelters inspected in the capital are either closed or unfit for use.