الهند والولايات المتحدة تقتربان من إبرام صفقة محركات نفاثة
June 1, 2023 - تستعد إدارة بايدن للتوقيع على اتفاق مع الهند يسمح لشركة جنرال إلكتريك الأميركية بالإنتاج المشترك لمحركات نفاثة للطائرات العسكرية في الهند.
A deal finalising the joint production of the engines is expected to be inked and announced by the time President Joe Biden hosts Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi for an official state visit on June 22, according to three people briefed on the decision, Reuters said.
Giving details of the proposed defence deal, sources in the defence establishment said the plan is to manufacture the GE F414 engine, which was shortlisted by India in 2010 to power the Mark II version of the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas.
Once its production starts in India, the F414 will power all future fighter jets including the Tejas Mk II, Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) as well as the indigenous Twin Engine Deck-Based Fighter (TEDBF) for the Indian Navy, according to Indian online newspaper The Print.
- U.S. set to allow GE to make engines in India for New Delhi’s military jets (Reuters)
- India & U.S. close to mega defence deal (The Print)
- ADA unveils Tejas Mk 2 (Janes)
- Indian TEDBF naval fighter showcased by HAL (Janes)
- How India finalised the design for its indigenous stealth fighter jet (The Week)