انهيار وقف إطلاق النار في كولومبيا
May 24, 2023 - علّق الرئيس غوستافو بيترو اتفاق وقف إطلاق النار مع جماعة ”هيئة الأركان العامة المركزية“ المنشقة عن القوات المسلحة الثورية الكولومبية (فارك)، في انتكاسة أخرى في محاولته لإنهاء ستة عقود من الصراع.
According to indigenous groups, the teenagers were forcibly recruited into the EMC but shot dead when they tried to escape.
In January, the government announced a ceasefire with former FARC factions Estado Mayor Central (EMC), and Segunda Marquetalia, who rejected the 2016 peace deal with the rebel group, and crime gangs the Gulf Clan (Clan del Golfo or Gaitanista Self-Defense Forces of Colombia) and the Sierra Nevada Self-Defence Forces.
The ceasefire with the Gulf Clan was suspended in March 2023 amid accusations it had destroyed a municipal aqueduct and attacked police during protests by informal gold miners. The ceasefire with EMC will be suspended in Meta, Caqueta, Guaviare and Putumayo provinces where the group is most active but will continue in other parts of the country.
- Colombia’s illegal armed groups (Colombia Reports)
- Colombia suspends ceasefire with Estado Mayor Central rebels in some areas (Reuters)
- Colombia conflict: Ceasefire with dissident Farc rebels suspended (BBC)
- Colombia's Clan del Golfo rules out surrender, but open to talks, lawyer says (Reuters)
- Colombian president suspends ceasefire with criminal group (Reuters)