التعبئة الروسية تثير ردود فعل عنيفة
September 27, 2022 - قرار الرئيس فلاديمير بوتين بتعبئة مئات الآلاف من جنود الاحتياط للحرب في أوكرانيا أثار احتجاجات واسعة النطاق وأدى إلى نزوح جماعي للروس في سن القتال.
The call-up of some 300,000 reservists has led to the first sustained protests since the invasion began, with one monitoring group estimating at least 2,000 people have been arrested so far. All public criticism of Russia's “special military operation” is banned.
Flights out of Russia have sold out and cars have clogged border checkpoints, with reports of a 48-hour queue at the sole road border to Georgia, the rare pro-Western neighbour that allows Russian citizens to enter without a visa.
In Georgia, the number of Russians arriving has doubled to 10,000 per day from Sep 21. Around 5,500 cars are waiting to cross the border.
In Finland, nearly 17,000 Russians have crossed the border between Sep 24 and Sep 25.
In Kazakhstan, around 98,000 Russians have crossed the border since the draft was announced, and in Mongolia, the arrival of thousands of Russians is piling pressure on the government. The country depends entirely on Russian oil and gas.
- RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, SEPTEMBER 26 (ISW)
- 'We are not afraid': Russians flee to Mongolia to evade Ukraine mobilisation (Reuters)
- Russians run and hide from Putin’s zealous draft officials (FT)
- Russian mobilization prompts backlash as Ukraine annexation effort plows ahead (Stars and Stripes)
- More Russians travelled to Finland during weekend (Reuters)