الولايات المتحدة تعزز الوجود العسكري في أوروبا
June 30, 2022 - ستقوم الولايات المتحدة بأكبر توسع عسكري لها في أوروبا منذ الحرب الباردة، بما في ذلك أول وجود دائم للقوات في بولندا، كجزء من رد حلف شمال الأطلسي (الناتو) على الغزو الروسي لأوكرانيا.
The U.S. will establish a permanent headquarters for its 5th Army Corps in Poland, send 5,000 additional troops to Romania and increase rotational deployments in the Baltic states, President Joe Biden said, at a NATO summit where leaders agreed an overhaul of the alliance’s strategy for defending eastern Europe from Moscow.
Two squadrons of US F-35 fighter aircraft will be sent to the UK, Biden added, in addition to stationing air defence systems in Italy and Germany and increasing the number of US naval destroyers to Spain to six from four.
The deployments will be in addition to the more than 100,000 US troops currently stationed in Europe, which had already increased by about 20,000 since Russian president Vladimir Putin launched his invasion of Ukraine four months ago.
- FACT SHEET U.S. Defense Contributions to Europe (Defense.gov)
- U.S. to boost military presence in Europe as NATO bolsters its eastern flank (Reuters)
- Ukraine war: US to ramp up military presence across Europe (BBC)
- Thousands more soldiers will be posted to Europe and rotating through (Armytimes)
- US has 100,000 troops in Europe for first time since 2005 (Stars and Stripes)