قواعد فورمولا واحد الجديدة والتغييرات لعام 2022
March 18, 2022 - November 20, 2022 - Formula One has implemented major changes for the 2022 season to improve racing and try to make the series more competitive, with new aerodynamic and tyre requirements that will make the cars look and feel different from previous years.
The cars will be sporting new rear and front wings, as well as bigger wheels, to allow drivers to race closer together and hopefully increase the number of overtakes, according to AP.
The older cars used to lose downforce – and their ability to go through turns faster – the closer they got to the cars ahead. The changes were aimed at reducing that loss of downforce and give the trailing drivers more chances of overtaking.
Cars will also use a higher ratio of sustainable fuel, and new safety features. There will be a lower budget cap for teams, and adjustments have been made to the race weekends to allow drivers and teams to arrive later to tracks, AP said.
- New generation of F1 cars set to hit the track in Barcelona (AP)
- 7 key rule changes for the 2022 season (Formula 1.com)
- 10 things you need to know about the all-new 2022 F1 car (Formula 1.com)
- F1 regulations: What will the cars look like in 2022 (Autosport)
- 2021 vs 2022: What’s changed on Formula 1’s all-new cars for this season (Formula 1.com)