- IN PREP: SPACE: NASA Space Launch System (107mm; DUE TUE)
- IN PREP: NATO: Summit Security (107mm wide, DUE TUE)
- IN PREP: NATO Countries and Assets (DUE TUE)
- IN PREP: SOCCER: UEFA Champions League iGraphic (DUE Wk Sep 1)
- IN PREP: SPORTLIVE: UEFA Champions League matchtracker (DUE Wk Sep 1)
- IN PREP: SPACE: Rosetta selects comet landing site (DUE Wk Sep 1)
- MOVED: GN32181 MIDEAST: Israel claims West Bank land
- MOVED: GN32169 SCOTLAND: Independence opinion polls
- MOVED: GN32182 NATO: Russia defence spending
NEWPORT -- The NATO summit in Wales on September 4-5 is likely to back a “readiness action plan” aimed at strengthening deterrence in the face of Russian aggression.
A new high-readiness brigade will be formed, deployable within hours; heavy weapons will be pre-positioned in Poland which could be used later by “follow-on” forces; and a new command-centre will be established.
BETHLEHEM -- Israel announced on Sunday it is to annex 400 hectares of land in the occupied West Bank, drawing Palestinian condemnation and a U.S. rebuke.
EDINBURGH -- Support for an independent Scotland has received a big boost with a Survation poll showing support for a ‘Yes” vote at 41.6% to 47.6% for “No”.
BEIJING -- The first round of the all-new Formula E season starts on a street circuit in Beijing on September 13. Ten teams will race in ten cities on four continents.
GLENEAGLES -- America's top golfers will lock horns with holders Europe in a bid to win back the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles in Scotland from September 25 to 28.
SAO PAULO -- Former Environment Minister Marina Silva would win Brazil’s presidency in a runoff against incumbent Dilma Rousseff, according to an Ibope poll.
CUPERTINO -- The all-new iPhone 6is expected to rollout at a special event around September 9, with a price tag likely to start at around $650 (£550, €490).