- POLITICS: Turkey presidential election (Graphic)
- HISTORY: On this day July 1-7 2018 (week 27) (Graphic)
- HISTORY: On this day July 8-14 2018 (week 28) (Graphic)
- HISTORY: ON THIS DAY “interactive” (Weeks 27 & 28) (Interactive UPDATED Jun 25)
- WORLD AGENDA: July 2018 (Graphic)
- WORLD AGENDA: July 2018 interactive (Interactive)
- SOCCER: World Cup 2018 matchday 3 previews (Graphic UPDATED Jun 25)
- MILITARY: European Intervention Initiative (Graphic)
- SPACE: Hayabusa2 asteroid sampler interactive (Interactive)
- Further details: See Index - Planning
FIFA World Cup 2018
LONDON -- The World Agenda gives a preview of world events scheduled for July, such as the general election in Mexico, Russia’s International Army Games, and Donald Trump’s controversial visit to the United Kingdom.
NATO -- Greater “burden sharing” is set to be a theme of the NATO summit in Brussels, with just eight of the alliance’s 29 members living up to their commitments to spend at least two percent of GDP on defence.
BUSINESS -- The Donald Trump-Kim Jong-un summit has raised hopes of a relaxation of sanctions on North Korea, allowing imports of much-needed fuel from South Korean refiners and exports of its rich mineral deposits.
CYCLING -- The 2018 Tour de France starts in the Vendée region and ends three weeks later in Paris with the traditional circuits of the Champs Elysées. The race starts a week later than usual to avoid too much of an overlap with the FIFA World Cup in Russia.
GOLF -- At more than 7,400 yards, the rugged, windswept Championship Course at Carnoustie, Scotland has a reputation for being one of the toughest in the UK, with narrow fairways, sloping greens and ample bunkering.
SOCCER -- Reigning champions Manchester City kick off the new season away to Arsenal, while rivals Manchester Utd host Leicester City, Liverpool face West Ham United, and Tottenham travel to Newcastle United.